Adventure Time - BMO ㅤㅤㅤAICE ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤMedia Blog: Title, Colors/aesthetic, Font, Graphics

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Title, Colors/aesthetic, Font, Graphics

    After some brain storming I've decided on the name A Martial Artists Life, as it has to be an episodic documentary the full title would be A Martial Artists Life: Jiu Jitsu. I haven't come up with a slogan yet but I'll keep thinking about it throughout this week. I really like this name because its simple, gets the point across, and isn't too long. 

    The aesthetic will be simple, a little grungy, and have the color scheme of red, black, white, and blue. I want the aesthetic to be similar to the UFC episodes I viewed earlier this week. 

    I found a really cool website that shows various color schemes. Seen on the right, it shows each of the colors RGB, Hex, and CMYK values. This will be very useful later on when in photoshop to get the exact color. Seen bellow is two different shades of red, black, and blue. I wanted to have two shades of each main color, obviously except white, so I can create contrast and detail graphics for the documentary. I chose these main colors as they are seen in the American Top Team logo. I also think they pair really well together. 







    After figuring out the title, colors, and aesthetic I will try to achieve I looked into fonts and got the five options bellow. 



    I am very indecisive so I am not 100% sure which font I will use. I am leaning towards the Denham font but I am not very set on it. I think each of these fonts could look good in various instances. I guess I will have to see what it looks like whilst I am creating the graphics. Either way it will most definitely be one of these fonts. I could possibly use multiple fonts for different reasons. I think using multiple will add complexity to my graphics. How ever I will need a main font as I want to have a consistent theme.

    Lastly today I wanted to find graphic inspiration for each induvial interviewee. My previous research into graphic design was aimed at graphics with both interviewees. I found the graphic to the right. I really like how the background illustrates different scenes of the fighter. I also really like how they implemented color into the graphic. I could do something similar to this within graphics of each induvial interviewee. I really like this style of graphic design. Its not too much which I really enjoy and will try to replicate.


No comments:

Post a Comment