Adventure Time - BMO ㅤㅤㅤAICE ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤMedia Blog: Print Component

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Print Component


     Magazine examples: 


   The print component of my AICE A level portfolio project involves creating a magazine article. There's not many martial arts magazines, however there is one big one named Black Belt magazine. After some searching, I found a free issue of the magazine. I took two examples, the cover page and one of my favorite articles, from the issue seen on the right.

    Their magazines focus on all aspects of martial arts such as competitions, experiences, and deaths in the community. This specific magazines focuses on Bruce Lee and his impact on martial arts. The article to the right focus on Teruyuki Okazk, a very important figure in the martial arts world. The article describes his life and his impact on the MMA community. I really like the style of this specific publication. I love how the cover page has Bruce Lee front and center and how the article has the Teruyuki Okazk picture on the entire right side

    The color scheme of black, red, and white is similar to the color scheme I will be using. The colors and font used makes the text stand out. Its also not too cluttered something I really like. I plan on using a similar style to these magazines within my print component. I don't want my magazine to be too cluttered, keeping it simple like the examples above will make the magazine look more professional. I also want to focus to be on the interviewee's for the cover page and article. Having their images large like how Bruce Lee and Teruyuki Okazk is in this example will keep the focus on them. 

    I also like how the images are black and white. This makes the text stand out a lot. I won't make my images fully black and white, but I may adjust the tones so it looks a little duller.  Lastly, I will definitely take inspiration from the magazines structure. I like how they placed the title and subtitles on the cover page. I also like how the magazine article on Teruyuki Okazk has his name stand out being at the top, big, and colored red. Doing this immediately draws the audiences eyes to the name of who the article is about. I have taken a lot of inspiration from the examples above!

No comments:

Post a Comment