Adventure Time - BMO ㅤㅤㅤAICE ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤMedia Blog: Lut's

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Lut's

     Today I am focusing on finding a couple lut's that I can use whilst editing next week. Lut stands for “look-up table" and is basically a fancy word for a filter. Lut's work in a spread sheet fashion accounting for the millions of colors in one scene and than making adjustments to specific color corrections.  

    I noted in one of my previous postings that I am looking for my scenes to have a slight blue tint that isn't overwhelming. I want it to look simple yet cinematic. I previously found the color grading for Don't Look Up which is exactly what I am looking for. Seen on the right is a scene from Don't Look Up with its lut used bellow. This image really shows the cinematic tone that these colors give to bland scene

    I really like this lut, however it costs $5 dollars to buy. Its not much but I would rather not have to spend money on something I can create, it would just take some time. Instead of buying this lut, I will look for a very similar free one and then do some color correcting to get it where I like.

    After some searching, I found this great website: https://lutify.me/free-luts/. It's focus is providing cinematic free lut's. After looking around on the website, I found the example "Claire Lut" bellow. 

    Its very similar to the Don't Look Up lut, but I feel it is a little more intense. I will have to see how it looks within my scene but this definitely a good place to start. Todays overall goal is to set myself up for an easy week of editing. I will definitely achieve my goal by the end of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment