Adventure Time - BMO ㅤㅤㅤAICE ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤMedia Blog: Filming

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Filming

    So I planned to film Tuesday evening with Mauricio, but of course things never go as planned. I woke up from a call from my coach at around 6:30 AM. He informed me that later that evening he would be busy and wouldn't be able to film. He also told me that Wednesday night he would be leaving for vacation for the next few weeks. I told him it was fine and that I would be there at around 7:30.
    Luckily I already had my shot list created and my questions done. I went back and made some changes to the wording of my questions to ensure I wouldn't garner just yes or no responses. I already had all my equipment set up the night before. This showed me how important it is to have everything planned out days or weeks before filming. It would have been a disaster if I didn't have my shot list, questions, and equipment ready to go. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have been able to show up on such late notice. 
    On arrival to the plaza of my martial arts academy, I went to the gym I work at next door to print out my shot list and questions. I like having the shot list and questions on a piece of paper so I don't have to keep referring to my phone. I was filming with my phone so it would have been very inconvenient to keep pausing. After printing out the paper, I went and set up the interview next door at ATT.

    I did exactly what I had planned, which was to take a bench from the gym and place it in the center of the mats. Then I played around a little with the camera positioning and settled on having the interviewee in between the left and center third. The interview went fine, it totaled around 15 minutes. My coach offered a lot of insightful and long responses, not once did he answer with just yes or no. After filming the interview, I got basically all of the shots I needed inside the building. I planned with him to come Wednesday
 morning to get a couple more shots outside the building. He couldn't film outside that day as he was teaching a class whilst I was filming.

    Overall, a very amazing day of filming. A lot of ups and downs but I am glad its finally completed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment