Adventure Time - BMO ㅤㅤㅤAICE ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤMedia Blog: Location & Location

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Location & Location

    
For the location of my interviewees I wanted to have a bright open area. Lighting is essential in producing shots that look and feel professional. Ironically enough, my academy has amazing lighting as a massive glass wall makes up the back the the main room. It's a perfect place as the lighting is good, the location fits with the theme, and is convenient for me and my interviewees. You can see left a few images of the academies main room.

    As you can see in the pictures, the mats are open and are well light from the windows in the back of the room. The room also has no echo, making it perfect audio wise. I will also be filming after classes end to ensure there's no background noise. We have benches in the academy that I can bring onto the mats for the interviewee to sit. In addition to the interviewees being shot on the mats, 
many of the b-roll shots will be as well.  

       I don't want the entire documentary to be shot in a single place. This is something I did within my first documentary which was shot just inside of a gym. It made the documentary less engaging and in my opinion way worse than what it could have been. I wanted another location where I could get shots of the interviewee jogging. After some brainstorming, I thought of the location bellow.

    The interviewee can be running on the sidewalk whilst I follow them in my car. I can position my tripod on my door for a stable and smooth tracking shot. I think the shot would look really pretty with the plants in the background. Its so convenient the road is right next to the sidewalk as well. The location is also only 2 minutes away from the academy making it even more convenient. Filming from my car will allow me to get a smooth and stable shot of the interviewee jogging. I am happy with the locations I have chosen today. I can't wait to see how the shots turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment