Adventure Time - BMO ㅤㅤㅤAICE ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤMedia Blog: Intro Inspo

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Intro Inspo

     I wanted to come up with an idea for the introduction of my documentary. I want to intro to be designed to be used universally for all episodes. In other words, I wont make an intro that focuses just on the episodes topic. The Only reference to the episode will be in the title which would read "A Martial Artists Life" and then have a subtitle "Jiu Jitsu" to identify the episode. In search for some inspiration I went to YouTube. I searched up "martial arts intro" to which I found a lot of super random content. There was a mish match of martial arts promo film, anime intro, and old tournament graphics. But one video, seen bellow, caught my eye, it was titled "World Martial Arts Tournament title card". 


    There's a lot that I don't like about this video. It is old, grimy, and looks terrible overall all to be honest. The only thing I do like is the pulling away style of the text. I also like how the text and ring glows and then slowly decreases in glow. I want to do something similar with the text glowing, being inside of a circle, and pulling out. I just like how the effect looks. Evidently, I will make a lot of changes to the coloring, pace, and general quality. By no means will my intro look exactly like the one seen above. 

    I think combining the ideas I got from this intro with a swiping background of various martial arts videos would look great. Bellow is the Marvel opening theme which uses a background of various comic images. It gives the effect that they are being flipped through. I want to do something similar with the background of my intro. Combining these two styles I think will produce a professional, simple, and on topic intro. Its important I include reference to the various martial arts my documentary episodes will observe. This will keep the intro consistent with the rest of my content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment