Adventure Time - BMO ㅤㅤㅤAICE ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤMedia Blog: Color

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Color

     So in one of my previous posting I described the color scheme I will be using Red, black, blue, and white. All of the colors except white will have a different shade. Bellow you can see these colors. 


    These colors will primarily be used for graphics on the social media and for the magazine excerpt. I haven't decided the color that I want the documentary itself to look. I definitely want it to give a cinematic vibe but I don't want it to be too colorful. It needs to be simple and look natural giving the sense the documentary was filmed on a high quality camera. I decided to use  google to find some inspiration.


    After some searching, I found this image above. It was taken from the film "Don't Look Up". I love how the colors in this scene look. They are simple yet make the blues and whites stand out. It looks very professional, simple, and isn't too colorful, exactly what I was looking for. I also like how it has a slight vignette. It isn't too noticeable unless your looking for it but it adds a great look to the scene. 

    For my documentary I will use a variety of techniques to try to achieve this color. Maybe I could find some film overlays than adjust the colors just to reduce the amount of work I have to do. Either way, I will try to achieve the same color corrections that the producers in "Don't Look Up" did. I am glad I am figuring this out now so whilst I am editing the color correcting part won't be as difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment