Adventure Time - BMO ㅤㅤㅤAICE ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤMedia Blog: Equipment

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Equipment

     For filming on Tuesday I want to have all my camera equipment ready to go. I don't have an actual camera so I will be using my iPhone 13 Pro Max to film everything. When filming, I will be using cinematic mode. Not only does this mode look more professional, it also allows me to change to focus and focus depth after filming. This will be especially useful when filming the interview's. I will be able to focus on Mauricio and adjust the focal depth after filming. This really takes a lot of stress away during the production process as I won't have to always be worrying about getting a shot focused perfectly. I always have the safety net of the cinematic mode allowing me to change the focus after filming. You can see above how it looks when adjusting the focus in post production.

    My phone will be attached on two main tripods. One of the tripods will be handheld having flexible legs. This tripod will primarily be used for handheld shots, panning shots whilst moving in my car(for the running scene), and any shots that require the tripod to be attached to something like a high angle shot. The second tripod I will be using is a basic tall tripod stand. This tripod will be used for the establishing shots and any still shots that require stabilization. It will be the main tripod used for filming the interview. Last year I got an attachment for holding my phone that works on both tripods. It makes it a little inconvenient to use a single attachment as I will have to keep switching but its not a big deal.

    Lastly, for the audio I am not completely sure what I can use. I need some sort of mic for the interview. I don't want to use the audio from the phone filming as it will be too far away from the interviewee. Maybe I could if it sounds okay but I don't want to risk it. I think the best option is to record using another phone that's placed into the interviewees lap. Other than that, I could ask my friend to borrow their mic.

    I am writing this blog post at my work (the gym) and funny enough my friend that has a mic came in. I asked her and she was willing to give the mic to me for my interview. I am glad today I have situated all of the equipment I will be using. Now I just have to focus on filming!

No comments:

Post a Comment